Saturday, May 8, 2010

Time for Thursday Night Racing!


Time to put our war face on.
One of my favourite things about the summer is Thursday night racing. It is the perfect end of the day; after work hopping on the boat and kicking around the cans and after settling down with a beer and reliving the highlights (or low lights as the case maybe). This was the first week of Thursday night sailing and for once I was the one running late. Cheryl and I jumped in the car and were racing down the boat. I am not proud to admit but as we raced down in our car I was having a mini panic attack. Of course we couldn’t find parking close to the marina so I dumped the car in the commercial loading zone and ran to the gate where I realized that my gate key was missing. We followed a guy in but he only went through the first gate. I yelled at the guys to let me in, but I saw someone coming who we could follow in so I shrieked no. As I ran down the dock I was screaming “start the engine! Cast of the boat! Go Go Go!”
We’ll better late than never. We got out to the finish line and started a full five minutes late crossing the line with division 3. The race followed its natural course but the damage was done. Over beers at the club we consoled ourselves with the fact that we ran a pretty tight race with no screw ups except getting there on time. Next Thursday we will be out there and on time!


No comments: